Monday, May 20, 2013

Something New


The past year has been chock-full of new experiences for me. Some of my favorites include trapezing, trying Pasta di Cacao, singing "Hail to the Victors" at a Michigan football game, and reuniting with a long lost cousin at college.








In my fall semester at the University of Michigan, I took an intro course in Political Theory, and one concept by John Stuart Mill struck me in that we should all be trying something new every day, like this guy.

Ted Talk by Matt Cutts prompted me to revisit this ideology recently, leading me to...

....begin teaching myself HTML (which actually helped me figure out a few tricky things in this blog itself). 

Like Matt Cutts, I had to try writing a novel:


...but got stuck when I had to name my characters. 


So instead, I painted what's now the background for this blog. Cool right? 


Lastly, I had a friend start teaching me some guitar!
Hopefully someday I'll be good as John Mayer, because he's sexy. 


The cool thing about each of these attempts is that even if you don't go through with them, they stir up a massive amount of inspiration, which instantly makes you feel good about yourself.


So, I'm proposing a new challenge to go out, and do something new every day
It could be as simple as trying the new Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino

Let's do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment