Thursday, August 8, 2013

My new backpack is a chameleon.


Over the past few days, I've had the most insignificant dilemma of my college career - on whether I should buy the backpack that appeases my kiddish love for color, or a clone of my current black backpack (aka partner in crime). I feel like we're at the age where we're slowly outgrowing silly kiddish desires, whether they be of backpack colors or simple pleasures like running outside for ice cream when the truck's around the corner. Lately, I've been catching myself saying, "oh, this is more practical" or "I want to, but work/school/tired/blah."

For me, this is just not okay. Can we just think for a second... about whether we're getting that second back? Can we ask ourselves whether in the future, we'll get to be rash and irresponsible and have fun through it all, the way we so delightfully can right now? It's possible that we will, but it's probable that we won't.

There are too many aspects of life that are just mediocre, and I can feel that list growing by the day. My new goal, inspired by some friends on Twitter, is to take something different each day that I ordinarily find unexceptional, and step it up a notch in excitement.

So, it starts with my most unpleasant item - the sack that has carried all of my burdens over the past few years. If you want to experiment this new mentality with me, I want to hear about it! Shoot me a text/email/whatever. I think I've made it pretty clear how reachable I am. :)

1 comment:

  1. True meaning of life is "change". Human beings pass thru various stages of life. It is up to us to enjoy each stage of our life. Keep smiling and make others smile!

    ReplyDelete