Saturday, June 15, 2013

Treat Dad.

Just a reminder that Father's Day is tomorrow, June 16th. How are you giving back?


Last year, I found my dad eyeing this Yoshimoto Cube at the MoMA's gift shop. To treat his inner quirkiness, I found a (fairly quick) video tutorial to help me make it, and saved him (and myself) $65. Plus, the paint added a personalized touch! Here's how it turned out:



I'm still toying with some ideas for tomorrow, and meanwhile made reservations to this amazing Mediterranean restaurant I recently tried called Ilili (found near Madison Square Park on 5th Ave). If you do ever go, be sure to try their Semolina Gnocchi, Brussel Sprouts, and Cucumber Lemonade. Definitely surprised my taste buds there!


Photos courtesy of www.ililinyc.com


















Some other ideas to treat your old man!


If you have time and no money:

A Hovercraft

Artsy Maps

Patterned Necktie Pillows

Music-Themed Coasters

Vintage Magazine Art


If you have money and no time: 

For Dads Who Love to Relax

Cheese & Wine Tasting

A Day Out Sailing

Beer-Making Classes

Make him Fly

Gelato-Making Classes

Race with Him

A Morning in a Hot Air Balloon



If you have no money and no time but still love your dad very much:

Hand-wash his car

Fix something in the house

Watch his favorite movie together

Watch/play his favorite sport

Spend the day at a park

Hug him.

Thank him.

Show him that you're a better person because of him. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment